Documents Needed for Enrollment for New Students
You MUST have the following documents in order to complete enrollment:
- An original certified copy of the child's birth certificate (click here for information on how to order a Certified Birth Certificate)
- Child's Social Security Card
- An up-to-date immunization record
- Proof of residency (current or prior month's electric bill, water bill, cable bill or landline phone bill)
- If residing with someone, complete residence statement form (available online or on campus)
- Parent/Guardian ID
Other records that are helpful to complete the enrollment:
- School records from prior school(s)
- Last report card
- Any special programs records (IEP, 504 accommodations, etc.)
- Copy of court orders providing guardianship, if applicable
Returning PISD Students
Students that completed that last day of the previous school year still need to be registered online, but parents should find the information already updated and students enrolled in the appropriate grade level for the next school year.
Parent Portal has a new link and new look, however, your login will remain the same.
Parents will be able to use their current Parent Portal account information to access their student’s information for grades and attendance.
Parent Portal users will notice some cosmetic differences in page formatting between txConnect Parent Portal and Ascender Parent Portal. Click the guide below to see a PDF showing a preview of some of the changes.
Please update any bookmark, favorite, or shortcut you may have from the old address to the new address listed below.
Guide: Ascender Parent Portal Guide: Ascender Parent Portal Guide
Use the latest version of these Recommended Browsers for the best experience.
Computer: Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer 11
Parents who have a link saved to their mobile device will need to delete the old link and create a new one.
How to Pin Parent Portal Shortcut on Apple and
1. Open a browser on your device.
2. Browse to the district Ascender website. iPhone users will need to use the Safari browser. Android users may use Chrome.
3. For iPhone, in the Safari browser, click the box with the arrow at bottom of the page and choose to Add to Home Screen.
4. For Android, in Chrome, click the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen and choose to Add to Home Screen.